The ETB92 black nylon tapewound set offers the ideal combination of warm, deep tones with an ultra-smooth feel. This set offers a vintage tone ranging from the “thump” of an upright bass to the focused depth of traditional flatwound strings. Fits long scale basses with a string scale length of up to 36 inches.
Designed to produce a deep, warm tone with smooth feel, D’Addario Tapewound Bass strings are wound using a flattened black nylon which is polished to an ultra-smooth finish. These long-lasting, well-balanced strings are expertly engineered to provide optimal tension and are gauged to fit properly on standard bass saddles and nuts. Tapewounds may be used on fretted or fretless basses and are designed to deliver a vintage tone ranging from the thump of an upright bass to the focused depth of traditional flatwound strings.
D'Addario recommends the following for scale lengths:
- Scale length up to 32" use Short Scale string sets.
- Scale lengths between 32" - 34" use Medium Scale string sets.
- Scale lengths between 34" - 36" use Long Scale string sets.
- Scale lengths between 36" - 38" use Extra Long scale string sets.
Available String Sets
- Medium Gauge Long Scale (50-65-85-105)
- Medium Gauge Medium Scale (50-65-85-105)
- Medium Gauge Short Scale (50-65-85-105)
- Medium Gauge Long Scale (50 - 65 - 85 - 105 - 135)