D'Addario XL Nickel Wound Electric Bass strings are world-renowned as "The Player's Choice" amongst bass players of all genres and styles. All XL strings are precision wound on our exclusive digitally-controlled machines, ensuring each string has excellent intonation, clear fundamentals, and unparalleled consistency. Each string is wound with a nickelplated steel wrap wire known for distinctive bright tone with excellent magnetic output delivering a universally appealing and versatile tone for all playing styles.
- Comfortable, light feel with distinctive XL tone
- Round wound with nickelplated steel for a distinctive bright tone with clear fundamentals
- Fits long scale basses and extra long scale depending on sring set with a string scale length of up to 36-1/4" and 38"
- Made in the U.S.A. for the highest quality and performance
- Wide variety of string gauges and scale length options including long and extra long scale.
- Environmentally friendly, corrosion resistant packaging for strings that are always fresh
D'Addario recommends the following for scale lengths:
- Scale length up to 32" use Short Scale string sets.
- Scale lengths between 32" - 34" use Medium Scale string sets.
- Scale lengths between 34" - 36" use Long Scale string sets.
- Scale lengths between 36" - 38" use Extra Long scale string sets.
Available String Sets
- Super Light Gauge Long Scale (40 - 60 - 75 - 95)
- Light Gauge Long Scale (45 - 65 - 80 - 100)
- Custom Light Gauge Long Scale (45 - 65 - 85 - 105)
- Medium Gauge Long Scale (50 - 70 - 85 - 105)
- Light Gauge Long Scale (45 - 65 - 80 - 100 - 130)