Use this tip sheet if you need to need to figure out whether your Ultralights are the version known as 3/8” or 1/2”.
There are a couple methods:
1) Remove a tuner and measure the hole that was drilled in the headstock.
- a 3/8” tuner will have a hole that is 9/16” in diameter
- a 1/2” tuner will have a hole that is 11/16” in diameter
2) Measure the nut that secures the tuner to the headstock. We are looking for the distance from one side of the nut to the other parallel side.
- a 3/8” tuner will measure roughly 9/16” across
- a 1/2” tuner will measure roughtly 3/4” across