The EMG JCS is our JCS pickup in our extended range housing.
This pickup utilize ceramic magnets with steel pole pieces for a smooth top end. This twist on jazz bass tone, gives players a much warmer sound and a smoother attack with less high end presence. The JCS is less bright than most traditional sounding J pickups and is a great choice for someone looking for a deep, rich sound.
This pickup offer warm jazz bass tones with the benefits of EMG's quiet, low impedance preamp.
Our solderless wiring makes this an easy pickup to install on your own.
The added head room and dynamic response of the X Series preamp gives players an active pickup with the feel closer to a passive.
To complete a set two pickups will be required.
- EMG's exclusive Quik-Connect™ cables
- Prewired solid shaft volume/tone control set
- Output jack
- Battery clip set
- Adjustment screws
35JCS & 35JX-CS – “ 4 String ” Size
- Maximum Recommended String Width: 35JCS 63.5mm (2.50")
- Maximum Recommended String Width: 35JX-CS 63.5mm (2.50")
- Length = 88.9mm (3.50") Width = 38.1mm (1.50")
40JCS & 40JX-CS – “ 5 String ” Size
- Maximum Recommended String Width: 40JCS 76.2mm (3.00")
- Maximum Recommended String Width: 40JX-CS 76.2mm (3.00")
- Length = 101.6mm (4.00") Width = 38.1mm (1.50")
45JCS & 45JX-CS – “ 6 String ” Size
- Maximum Recommended String Width: 45JCS 92.0mm (3.62")
- Maximum Recommended String Width: 45JX-CS 92.0mm (3.62")
- Length = 114.3mm (4.50") Width = 38.1mm (1.50")
Please Note:EMG supplies chrome screws with their pickups. If you require black or gold screws, we carry them on our pickup screws page.