The EMG P is our P bass pickup in an Extended range housing with the treble magnet closer to the neck (like a Spector or Yamaha bass).
The EMG P covers a wide sonic palette of classic and modern bass sounds. Because the P utilizes ceramic magnets coupled with short, squat coils, the tone has brilliant high-end articulation, warmth, and incredible low end punch. Countless pros use this bass pickup because of its natural presence, superior dynamics, and low noise.
For players who want a “Fender” P alignment - with the treble side closer to the bridge - we offer this pickup in “reverse”.
Utilizing EMG's solderless wiring, this pickup is easy to install at home.
The added head room and dynamic response of the X Series preamp gives players an active pickup with the feel closer to a passive.
To complete a set two pickups will be required.
- EMG's exclusive Quik-Connect™ cables
- Prewired solid shaft volume/tone control set
- Output jack
- Battery clip set
- Adjustment screws
35P4 & 35P4X – “ 4 String ” Size
- Maximum Recommended String Width: 35P4 63.5mm (2.50")
- Maximum Recommended String Width: 35P4X 63.5mm (2.50")
- Length = 88.9mm (3.50") Width = 38.1mm (1.50")
40P & 40PX-5 – “ 5 String ” Size
- Maximum Recommended String Width: 40P 76.2mm (3.00")
- Maximum Recommended String Width: 40PX-5 76.2mm (3.00")
- Length = 101.6mm (4.00") Width = 38.1mm (1.50")
45P & 45PX – “ 6 String ” Size
- Maximum Recommended String Width: 45P 92.0mm (3.62")
- Maximum Recommended String Width: 45PX 92.0mm (3.62")
- Length = 114.3mm (4.50") Width = 38.1mm (1.50")
Please Note:EMG supplies chrome screws with their pickups. If you require black or gold screws, we carry them on our pickup screws page.
By Matthew Holveck from on 1/8/2014
Big, fat sound
By David from on 1/8/2014
This pickup delivers the big, fat, warm sound that gives the music that full sound.