It's not easy to capture the spirit of a former fan favorite while simultaneously creating a product that is exciting all on it's own...but that is exactly what Hipshot endeavored to with their new KickAss Bass Bridge. The saddle sets are a direct replacement for the Bad Ass 2 Style Bridge. The bridge comes with brass saddle inserts of 3 different heights. Stainless replacement saddle inserts are available for a punchier sound.
The KickAss features the following.
- Our unique saddle design features pre notched inserts (no filing required). These inserts allow you to easily adjust your string spacing from a narrow .687" (17.5mm) to a wide .800" (20mm) and anywhere in between!
- Comes standard with brass saddle inserts which emphasize the fundamental tone and give your bass a mellow sound. Extra Saddle inserts can be found here.
- The KickAss mounts on a typical 5 hole bass configuration and features recessed string ball holes for a sleeker, sexier look.
- Stainless steel saddle inserts are avaliable. Stainless Steel emphasizes the harmonic overtone series and gives your bass a brighter sound.
- Weight: 234 grams(8.25 ounces) without pointing screws or inserts.