The ToneStyler® is an advanced drop-in replacement for the standard tone pots in electric guitars and basses. Easily installed in minutes without any modifications to the instrument, the ToneStyler dramatically improves the tone and versatility of any bass with passive pickups. Plus, the ToneStyler fits your bass’s original tone knob, so your tone upgrade is invisible!
Your old tone pot is a "low-pass filter"; it has only one capacitor, which offers only one roll off point, chosen just above the bass frequencies and string fundamental pitches. Due to this very simple design, passive tone pots act as "mid+treble volume controls"... reducing the loudness of all combined harmonics heard above the bass tones, all at the same time! To make matters worse, the tone pot's large value capacitor loads the pickups at all tone knob settings, which reduces your mid-range clarity and signal level.
In sharp contrast, the revolutionary ToneStyler has not one, but an array of six to eleven selectable capacitors and roll-off points. For the first time, players can adjust the frequency of the roll-off point... not simply the combined loudness of all mids+highs! You choose how much treble to retain... how much mid-range to retain... and exactly where to cut these harmonics off. Plus, the ToneStyler's small value capacitors greatly reduce pickup loading; this noticeably boosts your bass’s clarity and output level.
Powerful and precise control of treble & mid frequencies is provided at last... and that weak, muddy sound is completely eliminated!
The Bass Eleven
The Stellartone Bass Eleven is a Eleven-Position High-Impedance passive tone shaping circuit with zero noise, distortion, compression or clipping.
The Bass Eleven offers eleven discrete tone settings with the eleventh setting as a "true bypass". The maximum capacitance is 0.1µF
The Bass Eleven is recommended for single pickup instruments, two pickup instruments that utilize the correct type of no load blend control , or instruments with two tone controls that have controls mounted through the body.
- Heavy-Duty Mil-Spec Rotary switches with Gold Contacts and Terminals (Mfg. by Grayhill)
- 0.235" Solid Splined shaft. Fits USA 24-Spline Push-On Knobs(Gibon®), 1/4" Set Screw knobs, or 6mm Knobs.
- U.S Standard 3/8" -32 diameter x 1/2" mid-length bushings, for mounting through instrument surfaces up to 3/16" thick. Compact .875" (7/8") diameter footprint is slightly-smaller than a standard (15/16”) full-sized CTS potentiometer.
- Compact 15/16" Diameter (Same size as Full-Size CTS Pot)
- Low Profile (Only Requires 7/8" Depth for Installation)
- Molded-in Low Capacitance Shielded Mogami Cable
- High-impedance passive analog tone circuitry with zero noise, distortion, compression or clipping
- ELEVEN position ToneStylers feature one tone pot emulation circuit in position #10 (adjacent to "true bypass" position #11) which precisely duplicates the tonality of either a 500kΩ .022μF tone pot (G-11) or a 250kΩ .047μF tone pot (B-11) when set wide-open.
- Solid-Splined bronze alloy tip omits the traditional "split-shaft" slot; 24-fine-splines for U.S.A. push-on knobs and 6mm hole metric set-screw knobs; for 1/4" hole U.S.A. set-screw knobs, add the supplied 1/4" brass sleeve.
- Low-profile metalized polymer module requires only 0.825" depth (21mm) inside the bass’s control compartment (typically 1.0" to 1.4" depth). Check your clearances before purchase!
The Bass Eleven and Triple Six models are intended to be used for control plans which utilize either a single pickup volume and master tone (P-Bass), or a master volume + blend + tone (J-Bass).
ToneStylers are not compatible with low-impedance or active pickups, but can be utilized with passive pickups and some onboard preamps if staged before the input on the preamp.
#1 best thing you can do for your passive P!!!
By Mark J. (Jon) Rochner from on 9/27/2016
Only one drawback... Soldering it in. Luckily, my luthier is doing the install, so I can't screw it up.
Fabulous tone shaper
By S. Fiorenza from on 7/14/2016
By Mr Man from on 6/2/2016
Get one. It's a cool thing.