The ToneStyler® is an advanced drop-in replacement for the standard tone pots in electric guitars and basses. Easily installed in minutes without any modifications to the instrument, the ToneStyler dramatically improves the tone and versatility of any bass with passive pickups. Plus, the ToneStyler fits your bass’s original tone knob, so your tone upgrade is invisible!
Your old tone pot is a "low-pass filter"; it has only one capacitor, which offers only one roll off point, chosen just above the bass frequencies and string fundamental pitches. Due to this very simple design, passive tone pots act as "mid+treble volume controls"... reducing the loudness of all combined harmonics heard above the bass tones, all at the same time! To make matters worse, the tone pot's large value capacitor loads the pickups at all tone knob settings, which reduces your mid-range clarity and signal level.
In sharp contrast, the revolutionary ToneStyler has not one, but an array of six to eleven selectable capacitors and roll-off points. For the first time, players can adjust the frequency of the roll-off point... not simply the combined loudness of all mids+highs! You choose how much treble to retain... how much mid-range to retain... and exactly where to cut these harmonics off. Plus, the ToneStyler's small value capacitors greatly reduce pickup loading; this noticeably boosts your bass’s clarity and output level.
Powerful and precise control of treble & mid frequencies is provided at last... and that weak, muddy sound is completely eliminated!
The all new Bass Duo Six Short features:
- Heavy-duty mil-spec rotary switches with gold contacts and terminals,made in the U.S.A. by Grayhill, Inc.
- U.S 24-Spline solid shaft for most push on and set screw knobs.
- U.S. Standard 3/8"-32 diameter x 1/2"Mid-Length bushings, for mounting on through body controls.
- The traditional and popular "notched rotation" mechanical design
- New compact cylindrical shape has the same 15/16" diameter as a standard full-sized CTS potentiometer
- Low-profile solid-cast metalized epoxy module requires only 7/8" depth in the control compartment
- Molded-in low capacitance shielded cable by Mogami
- High-impedance passive analog tone circuitry with zero noise, distortion, compression or clipping
- Complete with mounting hardware and instructions
- 100% hand-wired and manufactured in the U.S.A. by Stellartone
- SIX position ToneStylers feature only "true bypass" at full clockwise position #6.
- Solid-Splined bronze alloy tip omits the traditional "split-shaft" slot; 24-fine-splines for U.S.A. push-on knobs and 6mm hole metric set-screw knobs; for 1/4" hole U.S.A. set-screw knobs, add the supplied 1/4" brass sleeve.
- Compact .875" (7/8") diameter footprint is slightly-smaller than a standard (15/16”) full-sized CTS potentiometer.
- Low-profile metalized polymer module requires only 0.825" depth (21mm) inside the bass’s control compartment (typically 1.0" to 1.4" depth). Check your clearances before purchase!
Please Note: The Duo Six model is engineered for use in three-knob control plans such as in the Fender Jazz Bass: two pickup volumes plus one master tone.
The Bass Eleven and Triple Six models are intended to be used for control plans which utilize either a single pickup volume and master tone (P-Bass), or a master volume + blend + tone (J-Bass).
ToneStylers are not compatible with low-impedance or active pickups, but can be utilized with passive pickups and some onboard preamps if staged before the input on the preamp.
These units will fit instruments including Gibson Style (hard acrylic with 24-Spline hole) push on Speed, Bell, Top Hat, and Bonnet Style knobs, all brands of Fender style (hard plastic with smooth hole) push on Strat knobs, and all brands of set screw knobs with 1/4"or 6mm holes. Fits BC Rich, Breedlove, Brian May Guitars, Charvel, Cort, Daisy Rock, Danelectro, Dean, DiPinto, Epiphone, ESP, EVH, Fano, Fender, Fernandez, G&L, Gibson, Godin, Gretsch, Guild, Hagstrom, Ibanez, Jackson, Jay Turser, Koll, Kramer, MusicMan, Normandy, Parker, Peavey, PRS, Rickenbacker, Schecter, Squier, Steinberger, Taylor, Vox, Washburn, Yamaha, and many other fine guitars that use 24-Spline push on knobs, or 6mm or 1/4"set screw knobs.