Inside the EMG TW are two independent tonal options: a single coil and a humbucker with EMG's renowned preamp circut. The single-coil mode is our JCS pickup built with ceramic magnets and steel pole pieces for a rich, warm tone.
The humbucker mode is our popular CS (ceramic steel) dual-coil for a big, aggressive sound with a pronounced mid-range.
A push/pull volume (or tone) pot allows you to change from the rich clarity of a J pickup sound to the fatness of the CS humbucker.
The added X preamp gives both modes more headroom and touch response, bridging the gap between passive and active pickups.
When using two of TW Pickups in the same instrument it is not recommended that our BT or BQ Systems be used. Each pickup requires a push/pull pot for switching from single coil to humbucker, so the balance control included with the system can’t be installed. If you want to use the balance control, consider switching single/dual coil outputs with a DPDT toggle switch(s) instead
To complete a set two pickups will be required.
- EMG's exclusive Quik-Connect™ cable
- Prewired split shaft push/pull volume/tone control set
- Output jack
- Battery clip set
- Adjustment screws
35TW & 35TWX – “ 4 String ” Size
- Maximum Recommended String Width: 35TW 63.5mm (2.50")
- Maximum Recommended String Width: 35TWX 66.5mm (2.62")
- Length = 88.9mm (3.50") Width = 38.1mm (1.50")
40TW & 40TWX – “ 5 String ” Size
- Maximum Recommended String Width: 40TW 76.2mm (3.00")
- Maximum Recommended String Width: 40TWX 76.2mm (3.00")
- Length = 101.6mm (4.00") Width = 38.1mm (1.50")
45TW & 45TWX – “ 6 String ” Size
- Maximum Recommended String Width: 45TW 92.0mm (3.62")
- Maximum Recommended String Width: 45TWX 95.25mm (3.75")
- Length = 114.3mm (4.50") Width = 38.1mm (1.50")
Please Note:EMG supplies chrome screws with their pickups. If you require black or gold screws, we carry them on our pickup screws page.