The original EMG J Set became an instant hit with its sweeping harmonic overtones, punch and quiet operation.
This pickup set has classic jazz bass characteristics with a broader tonal frequency range that adds dimensions and clarity to your bass playing. EMG's design has a very low ratio of resistance to inductance, which increases the low end response, while the radiused ceramic bar magnet ensures the tone keeps a tight mid-range punch with dynamic high end response. Whether you play fretted or fretless, live or in the studio, you'll get an incredibly full sound with these bass pickups.
The added head room and dynamic response of the X Series preamp gives players an active pickup with the feel closer to a passive.
- EMG's exclusive Quik-Connect™ cables
- Prewired control set including 2 volume controls
- Master tone control
- Output jack
- Battery clip set
- Adjustment screws
J & JX – “ 4 String ” Size
- Maximum Recommended String Width: SJ & LJ 69.2mm (2.725")
- Pickup Length: Neck = 91.18mm (3.590") Bridge = 93.99mm (3.70")
MJ – “ 4 String ” Size
- The MJ Set is a direct replacement for a Fender Mexican Jazz Bass™. On these instruments, Fender decided to use two of the same pickup sizes, rather than the short/long used on the standard Jazz Bass. The MJ is the same as our original J Set, but both pickups are the same size.
- Maximum Recommended String Width: MJ Set 69.2mm (2.725")
- Pickup Length: Neck = 91.18mm (3.590") Bridge = 91.18mm (3.590")
J5 – “ 5 String American Standard ” Size
- Maximum Recommended String Width: SJ5 & LJ5 88.4mm (3.48")
- Pickup Length: Neck = 100.9mm (3.970") Bridge = 104.1mm (4.10")
Please Note:EMG supplies chrome screws with their pickups. If you require black or gold screws, we carry them on our pickup screws page.