Another first designed in 1977 by James How is the stainless steel bass string with his patented linea pressure-wound finish.
Once the string is wound a rolling technique is applied under pressure which displaces the crown of each winding producing a flat that reduces finger noise and friction thus allowing for more rapid finger movement.
The linea effect accentuates the middle frequencies resulting in a tone quite different from a normal round-wound string.Great for studio work when tackling quieter musical passages.
Rotosound recommends the following information on scale length for strings.
- Rotosound Short Scale fit'scale length up to 30"
- Rotosound Medium Scale fit'scale lengths of 30.5" - 32"
- Rotosound Long Scale fit'scale lengths of 32" - 34"
- Rotosound Extra Long Scale fit'scale lengths of 33.5" - 36"
Available String Sets
- Hybrid Gauge Long Scale (40 - 60 - 80 - 100)
- Standard Gauge Long Scale (45 - 65 - 85 - 105)
- Standard Gauge Long Scale (45 - 65 - 85 -130)